Monday, May 18, 2009

Key #1 to Smart Shopping and Great Deals

This past weekend I went shopping with my friend Sharon. Since she is expecting we went shopping for maternity clothes for her since she had been having a difficult time finding clothes. First thing that came to my mind was the outlet mall. As I stated in a previous post, I love outlet malls and think they are the best thing that the retail world has ever made. Sharon and I decided to go out the Motherhood Maternity store outlet. When we walked in we looked at a FEW things, but not many because my first key to smart shopping is TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE CLEARANCE/ SALE SECTION. In most retail stores, they continue many of the same items each season, but put them in different colors or add or take away a graphic here or there on clearance. So MOST OF the time you can find a sale or clearance item that is very very very similar to a brand new full price item for half of the price.

There can be catch to clearance shopping however, find out the return policy before purchasing any clearance items. At the motherhood maternity outlet store we went to they would not let you return or exchange anything that you purchased, so Sharon had to try on everything before she decided what she wanted to buy. However not all stores are like this. For example at Old Navy and Target you have up to 90 days to return any clearance items that you may have purchased.

Now don't get me wrong.. you can't ALWAYS find what you are looking for in a clearance section... but I guarantee that 90% of the time you will find what you are looking for or something very similar to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment